OPPORTUNITIES FOR HEALTHCARE JOBS IN LOS ANGELES
We’re Preparing Students for Los Angeles California Healthcare Jobs
When it comes to Los Angeles California healthcare jobs LVNs are in high demand. Career Development Institute, Inc. (CDI) is preparing students for fulfilling lifelong careers in nursing and beyond. Enrolling in our LVN program is the first step to securing:
- Licensed vocational nurse jobs in Los Angeles
- Healthcare administration jobs in Los Angeles
- Health educator jobs in Los Angeles
At CDI jobs working as registered nurse are also within reach. After completing our program you can work as an LVN while continuing your education. Many of our students have such a positive experience they’ve gone on to become registered nurses. We set you up for success now and in the future.
Call us today to talk with a CDI careers counselor!
Working as an LVN in Los Angeles
A licensed vocational nurse (LVN) is a medical professional approved by the state to provide routine patient care under the direction of registered nurses and doctors. As a graduate of CDI, you will be equipped with the foundation and skills necessary to become an active and successful LVN in the workplace.
Your education with CDI will prepare you to handle the following LVN responsibilities:
- Providing wound care
- Passing medications
- Administering basic nursing care, including changing bandages and inserting catheters
- Monitoring and gathering information on patients’ health
- Assessing, recording and reporting vital signs
- Assisting with tests and surgical procedures
- Supervising nursing assistants
Employment Options and Outlook for LVN Healthcare Jobs in Los Angeles
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Los Angeles has the highest level of employment for LVNs in the U.S. with employment expected to grow 22 percent by 2020. In addition, California ranks in the top five highest paying states with the average LVN making $24.58 per hour or $51,130 per year.
CDI students are poised to gain healthcare jobs in Los Angeles within a variety of work environments, including:
- Nursing homes
- Extended care / assisted living facilities
- Physicians’ offices
- Home health care services
- Rehabilitation centers